Our Pacific Northwest Studio offers global education practice leadership within IBI Group, a multi-disciplinary firm with nearly 70 offices around the world. This unique position creates opportunities to be a part of international thought leadership and signature K-12 and higher education projects, here and beyond.
907 SW Harvey Milk Street, Portland, OR 97205
- Develops designs from concept through design development to contract documents
- Incorporates applicable codes, construction techniques, and sequences in various projects
- Functions in the role of assistant to project leader with a focus on architectural design and technical aspects
- Produces design work according to established standards, methods, and quality procedures
- Coordinates the layout, design, drafting, and specifications produced by other staff members who are part of the project team
- Assists in developing project staff-hours and planning schedule for phases of the project
- Supervises and performs site observations
- Manages and develops assigned team members
- May participate in marketing and business development efforts
- Ideal candidates must be a team player who is well organized, detail oriented, focused, design driven, accurate and able to meet deadlines under pressure
- University Degree – Bachelor/Masters of Architecture
- 1 – 3 years experience in an Architectural Design firm
- Strong technical knowledge of building construction and thorough understanding of construction documents
- Proven ability to collaborate in visioning, design, synthesis, and delivery roles
- Ability to understand and develop architectural ideas, independently and collaboratively
- Comfortable communicating with clients/consultants
- Strong technical competency, proficient in Revit and SketchUp
- Must have strong communication and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of Educational Architecture, specifically K-12, preferred
- This is a full-time position to start immediately. IBI Group offers a competitive salary, generous benefits including medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid sick/vacation/holidays, training/professional development, and much more.
- IBI Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for the above positions, please submit a resume and portfolio in PDF format (10 mb or less) via email to jonathan.steel@IBIGroup.com.